The American Dream was revealed many times in The Great Gatsby. One of the many times is how he was going to Gatsby's parties to fit in. Also another example is he could have just wanted to feel rich. I will now explain why I feel that's how the American Dream was shown.
I feel it was Nick's American Dream to fit in and be cool. Mainly because when he first moved next to Gatsby, he would always watch the parties wondering what it would be like to be there. Another example is how he became Gatsby's friend. He ended up always at his parties. This is how Nick's American Dream is shown.
But in another perspective it could have been Nick's American Dream to feel rich and luxurious. I mainly think this because hes always with Gatsby. Like when hes at his parties at Gatsby's mansion. Then while he hangs out with Gatsby in his nice car. This is how it could be Nick's American Dream to feel rich and luxurious.
There could have been many other ways to look at it. But that's my perspective on how the American Dream was shown in The Great Gatsby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment